Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mr. Krapo

Here in Haiti we are always finding little "buddies" in and around our house. In fact just last night, I killed 8 spiders in our little 600 sq.ft. house! Two of them were quite large... one of these days I will remember to grab a camera, but I am always afraid they will have disappeared to who knows where (probably somewhere in my bed) if I don't keep my eye on them at all times until they are disposed of. Anyway, we found this "little" guy right outside our door yesterday. The girls wanted to name him "Jumpy". So original. I wanted to name him Mr. Krapo. Krapo means toad/frog in Creole and it is just a fun word to use! So... meet Mr. Krapo!

Nathan puckers up for his kiss

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for not getting a photo of a spider. I wouldn't trust them to turn my back on them either! We killed a huge one in Ali's room the other night, but even taking a photo would not have shown how very large and freaky it was.

    Congrats on the newest member of the family!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it prounounced "Krapp-o" or "Crape oh"? I think Krappo is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scriptures tell us we have the power to tread on serpents and scorpions. Surely that would inclued spiders as well. Most of my female family members are not fond of spiders. Not a calling card to Haiti for them. When I was in Australia I saw some "huge" spiders. They even gave me the creeps. Mike

    ReplyDelete