Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just call us Kate Spade :)

In an effort to teach some usable life skills, some of the Haitian ladies from the village will begin a sewing class next week. Their project: to make a purse. In preparation for the class we decided to make some samples. Cheryl made hers from donated fabric and I used an old flour sack that we had just emptied. Not bad, if I do say so! Especially since I am no Martha Stewart... Cheryl had to show me how to use the sewing machine. The last time I used a sewing machine to make anything was back in 7th grade and all I had to show for that was a pair of boxer shorts for someone with one leg a good 3 inches longer than the other. 

Looking like I know what I am doing.



Modeling our finished bags!

It's no Vera Bradley, but cute nonetheless

Sitota is just so excited about those purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment